Professional Property Services

Find out how we can make property concerns a breeze.

About Us


From start to finish


The Urban Haus  has extensive experience in interior refurbishments across North and East London. We will work with the client and designers to achieve an efficient and cost effective product with the emphasis on quality, time frames, budget and attention to detail.

We aim to co-ordinate all aspects of your construction, refurbishment, or fitout from concept to completion. 

The earlier that The Urban Haus are engaged in the process, the greater your success will be for your project and budget optimisation.


Get Your Time Back


Our team is highly skilled in all major residential building works including property alterations, extensions, comprehensive refurbishments and loft conversions. 

  • Initial site meeting to scope your project
  • Explore and outline the most cost-effective ways to achieve your dream results
  • Help and guidance with planning issues and permissions
  • Work with architects to ensure a smooth process from concept to completion
  • Written quotations are fully inclusive with no hidden extras


Energy Performance Certificates and Surveys


Energy Performance Certificates were introduced in England and Wales in 2007 and are a legal requirement for a building to be sold, let or constructed. Once obtained, an EPC is valid for 10 years. 

The most efficient homes - which should have the lowest fuel bills - are in band A. The Certificate also tells you, on a scale of A-G, about the impact the home has on the environment. Better-rated homes should have less impact through Carbon Dioxide (CO2) emissions.

The average property in the UK is in bands D-E for both ratings. The Certificate includes recommendations on ways to improve the home's energy efficiency to save you money and help the environment. EPCs apply also to commercial buildings and are rated only by Carbon Dioxide emission ratings on a scale of A-G.

Dilapidation Report is unfortunately a misleading and inaccurate term for what these reports really are. "Dilapidation" implies that the building being reported on is in a dilapidated (run-down, damaged) state and requires an inspection to determine if it is habitable. That's not what a Dilapidation Report is at all.

A Dilapidation Report is a detailed inspection and report carried out to determine the state of repair or disrepair a building is in. The building can be brand new and structurally sound, old and in need of major renovations or anything in between. Most councils require Dilapidation Reports as part of the Development Approval (DA) process for larger developments that may cause damage to adjoining properties. The report is carried out by independent inspectors and is for the protection of both the developer and neighbouring 

Our inspection primarily looks for structural defects in a building. These include both major and minor faults, such as:

  • Cracked tiles around plumbing fixtures
  • Cracks in internal walls
  • Loose or missing architraves
  • Cracks in exterior brickwork
  • Cracks in concrete or pavers
  • Signs of ground movement such as a garage door that no longer closes parallel to the ground
  • Loose or missing roof tiles

The inspector looks for these and many other signs of dilapidation. If they are found, they are photographed and meticulously documented so there can be no doubt that they exist.

What's left out of a Dilapidation Report is as important as what is in it. If, during construction on the adjoining property, a crack appears in a wall or windows or doors begin to stick, the property owner has evidence that the problems occurred as a direct result of the work being carried out. 

Contact Us

Send Message

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

The Urban Haus



Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Saturday: By appointment

Sunday: Closed